My husband and I (both 28) are fully vaccinated and are looking to go on our first vacation to Mexico from Southern California in May/June! (Been together 10 years and only ever been on one vacation – our honeymoon!)
We are not partiers and are trying to find an all-inclusive that has plenty of activities (snorkeling, hiking, restaurants, wildlife, etc.) without being crazy touristy. I've been to Tijuana, Rosarito, Mexico City, and Oaxaca, so I am familiar with some of these areas, but my trips haven been only in an academic capacity, so we've never had a Mexican vacation or been to Mexican beaches.
We are looking for recommendations for an all-inclusive place so we don't have to worry too much about planning. We are hopefully looking for one that:
– Is by the beach for water activities
– Is close by to interesting locations for day-trips
– Isn't all about partying (We enjoy tequila, but we won't be hitting any clubs)
– Is preferably adults-only (or at least not geared towards kids)
– Isn't outrageously expensive (Trying to stay under $3,000 for a 5-7 day trip, not including airfare)
I've done some digging and have mainly been considering locations like Puerto Escondido and Cozumel/Playa de Carmen.
Please share your recommendations if you have any! 🙂